Undesirable sticking together of two painted surfaces when pressed together (e.g., a door sticking to the door frame).
Not allowing sufficient drying time for the coating before closing doors or windows. • Use of low quality semi gloss or gloss paints.
- Use Rainbow Eggshell or Gloss Paint.
- Low quality acrylic paints can have poor block resistance, especially in warm, damp conditions.
- Follow instructions on product packaging regarding dry times.
- Pure acrylic paints generally have better early block resistance then oil-based paints; however, alkyds develop superior block resistance over time.
- Application of talcum powder can relieve persistent blocking.