[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Accumulation of dirt, dust particles and/or other debris on the paint film; may resemble mildew.
- Use of a low quality paint, especially lower grades of satin or semi gloss.
- Soil splashing onto siding.
- Air pollution, car exhaust and flying dust collecting on house body and horizontal trim.
- Coating has not reached full curing stage yet.
- Product not applied at the recommended film thickness or only.
- Wash off all surface dirt before priming and painting, using a scrubbing brush and GP Cleaner and water solution (1:6), followed by a thorough rinsing with a garden hose. Heavier dirt accumulations may require the use of a high pressure water jet.
- While dirt pickup can’t be eliminated entirely, Rainbow Weather Shield Paint typically offers superior dirt pickup resistance and wash-ability. Also, Rainbow Gloss paints are more resistant to dirt pickup than matt paints, which are more porous and can entrap dirt more easily.