Download Material and Technical Data Safety Sheets
Please enter your email to download Material Safety Data Sheet and Technical Safety Data Sheet for this product.
Application by brush or roller
Excellent flow, easy to apply, smooth appearance
Alkyd based, very tough and abrasion resistant
Low maintenance due to excellent durability
- Suitable for direct application to correctly primed or previously painted interior/exterior cement plaster.
- Suitable for application to correctly primed metal and wooden surfaces or previously painted surfaces in sound
Type : Alkyd
Viscosity : 70– 75 Kµ
Specific Gravity : 1.00 – 1.03
Mass Solids : 57 – 60%
Spreading Rate : 11– 12m²/L dependent on surface texture and porosity.
Gloss Level : Gloss
Colour : Wide range of colours
Mixing : Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
Method : Roller brush or airless spray gun.
Thinning : Mineral Turpentine if required to maximum 10%.
Cleaning : Mineral Turpentine
Conditions : Temperature between 5°C and 40°C, relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably
between 10:00 and 16:00. Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least
2⁰C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight.
Drying time : Touch dry 4hrs at 23°C. Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times
(approximately halved for every 10⁰C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the
drying times (approximately doubled for every 10⁰C decrease.
Recoating time : 18 Hours at 23°C.
Requirements : Two Coats
1 Interior cement plaster : One coat Rainbow Plaster Primer, One Coat Undercoat
2. Gypsum plaster : One coat Rainbow Plaster Primer, One Coat Undercoat
3. Wood : One coat Rainbow Pink Primer, One Coat Undercoat
4. Mild steel : One coat Rainbow Red Oxide Primer, One Coat Undercoat
5. Aluminium : Two coats Prominent Etch Primer
1. Gloss enamel : Sand down and apply 1 coat Universal Undercoat.
2. Sound matt emulsion paint : Clean and apply directly.
3. Sound sheen emulsion paint : Sand down and apply directly.
4. Poor condition surface : Strip down and treat as new.
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
3. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In
case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
4. If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
5. To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position