Increase in gloss or sheen of paint film when subjected to rubbing, scrubbing or having an object brush up against it.
- Use of matt paint in highly trafficked areas, where a higher sheen level would be desirable.
- Frequent washing and spot cleaning.
- Objects (furniture, for example) rubbing against the walls.
- Use of lower grades of paint with poor stain and scrub resistance 5. Washing the painted surface with cleaning product containing ammonia.
- Paint heavy wear areas that require regular cleaning (e.g., doors, window sills and trim) with a top quality washable product like Rainbow Long life Acrylic Sheen, because this type of paint offers both durability and easier cleaning capability.
- In high traffic areas, choose Rainbow Eggshell or Gloss Paint rather than a matt finish.
- Clean painted surfaces with a soft cloth or sponge and General Purpose cleaner; rinse with clean water.