A multipurpose Etch primer that can be applied through various methods to most surfaces to
provide a sound base for most top coating systems.
- Fast drying
- Can be applied by brush, dip or spray
- Good mechanical and general durability
- Excellent adhesion to bare steel surfaces
- Provides an excellent surface for subsequent coating with Rainbow
- Undercoat, Enamel or Chlorinated Rubber Paints
- Excellent adhesion to steel, galvanized iron, aluminium and rigid PVC.
- As a first coat for rapid in-plant maintenance systems in corrosive environments where it is desired to apply 2-3
- coats on the same day.
- As a primer on PVC and Galvanized Iron gutters.
Drying Time @ 25°C : Surface dry : 1 hr
: Hard dry : 18 hrs
Recoating Time : 18 hrs
Viscosity : 70 – 75 Kµ
Specific Gravity : 1.28 – 1.32
Mass Solids : 67 -69%
Spreading Rate : 10– 12m²/L dependent on surface texture and porosity.
Colour : Red Oxide/Grey
Mixing : Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
Method : Roller brush or airless spray gun.
Thinning : Mineral Turpentine if required to maximum 10%.
Cleaning : Mineral Turpentine
Conditions : Temperature between 5°C and 40°C, relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably
between 10:00 and 16:00. Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least
2⁰C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight.
Drying time : Touch dry 4hrs at 23°C. Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times
(approximately halved for every 10⁰C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the drying times (approximately doubled for every 10⁰C decrease.
Recoating time : 18 Hours at 23°C.
Requirements : Two Coats
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
3. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In
case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
4. If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
5. To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position