A non-glossy alkyd based undercoat with extremely excellent covering power which is applied between primer and topcoat.
- Durability and excellent adhesion to primed surfaces
- Gloss hold-out is excellent
- Easy to flow and good levelling properties
1. As an undercoat on interior/exterior primed metal, interior wood or hardboard.
2. For use as a basecoat over correctly primed plaster followed by Gloss Enamel or Eggshell Enamel.
Type : Alkyd
Drying Time @ 25°C : Surface dry : 4hrs
: Hard dry : 18 hrs
Recoating Time : 18 hrs
Viscosity : 70– 75 Kµ
Specific Gravity : 1.38 – 1.42
Mass Solids : 68 – 72%
Spreading Rate : 8– 10m²/L dependent on surface texture and porosity.
Gloss Level : Matt
Colour : White and Grey
Mixing : Stir well before use with a flat paddle to an even consistency. Stir occasionally during use.
Method : Roller brush or airless spray gun.
Thinning : Mineral Turpentine if required to maximum 10%.
Cleaning : Mineral Turpentine
Conditions : Temperature between 5°C and 40°C, relative humidity of less than 85%, preferably
between 10:00 and 16:00. Ideally, apply when the temperature of the substrate is at least
2⁰C above dew point, if possible away from direct sunlight.
Drying time : Touch dry 4hrs at 23°C. Note: higher temperatures will accelerate the drying times
(approximately halved for every 10⁰C increase), whilst lower temperatures will retard the
drying times (approximately doubled for every 10⁰C decrease.
Recoating time : 18 Hours at 23°C.
Requirements : One Coat
Surfaces must be sound, clean and dry (moisture content below 15%) before painting.
Metal (new) :Clean surface with Mordant solution and scouring pads, rinse with clean water and
allow drying. Prime with Autoline Red Oxide Primer or Red Oxide primer.
Metal (rusted) : Remove rust, clean surface with Mordant solution and scouring pads, rinse with
clean water and allow drying. Prime with Prime with Autoline Red Oxide Primer or
Red Oxide primer.
Wood : Sand smooth, remove dust and prime with Pink Primer.
Hardboard : Apply directly.
Cement Plaster : Prime with Fresh Plaster Primer.
Rhinolite : Prime with Fresh Plaster Primer.
1. Emulsion Paint :Clean and apply directly.
2. Enamel Paint :Abrade and apply directly.
3. Paint in poor condition : Remove and treat as new work.
2. Ensure to maintain good ventilation during application and drying process.
3. In case of skin contact, wash with soap and water or a recognised skin cleaner. Avoid contact with eyes. In
case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with running water and seek medical advice.
4. If product is ingested drink plenty of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting at any time. Seek medical advice.
5. To avoid any risk of spillage, always transport in a secure upright position